Friday, January 29, 2010

Time to register for multi-day rides!

It's that time of year! Most of us are snowed-in, just dreaming about warmer summer weather and cycling without a heavy coat or tights. However, it is time to think about sending in your registration for one of the popular multi-day rides this summer. In fact it is too late now to register for PALM (Pedal Across Lower Michigan). They already have their limit of 700 riders. It is getting late for the Michigander Ride, but I think that this is still open. The Michigander looks very nice this year, with routes to Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island.

I doubt if I will take in either of these rides. Since I have started a new job, I only have 2 weeks of vacation this year. My first choice is likely the NUMB Ride (Nebraska United Methodist Bike ride for Hunger) in late June. A lot of my old friends are riding in this, and the route is in eastern Nebraska, which is much better than out in the panhandle. I still have to coordinate this with Gayle, and figure out whether I am driving or flying back to Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment