Thursday, April 14, 2011

Roger's new bike



I finally bought a road bike! I hadn't planned on buying a new bike this year, let alone a road bike. However, a deal came up that too good to pass up. My friend, Dave, from Lincoln, had purchased a new Specialized Roubaix last year, and he had too many bikes now. I was preparing Gayle for a purchase of a new road bike possibly in 2012. Dave made me an offer that I couldn't refuse. Now I am the proud owner of a 2008 Trek 2.3 - with Mavic rims and Cane Creek brakes! Now all I have to do is figure out how to shift the other direction! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. New nick name for Roger===>>> Billy Bada$$ !! LOL Remember when shifting the front derailer, it can be moved just a small amount to keep chain from rubbing when you are way up or down on the rear cassete, without actually changing which front ring you are in. Thats why it may seem like you have to 'shift twice' to change front gears. Party on road warrior!!

    ReplyDelete