Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Out and Back on Lakeshore Drive

I was able to get in 11 miles tonight, however if I would have remembered to bring a headlight and taillight, I probably would have gone a little farther. I started about 7 pm, and got back a little after 8 pm. The sun sets here around 8:20 currently. However, the main problem is all of the trees along Lakeshore Drive. Yes, they are very pretty, however they make it slightly darker than it should be, so lights would have been handy. I headed west on Washington, then south on Sheldon to where it becomes Lakeshore Dr., then turned around south of Ferris (about 5.5 miles out). I only saw 2 other road cyclists, one going north when I turned around, and another that passed me about a mile later. Both were going about 20-21 mph, while I was doing 16-18 mph. I saw them again later stopped at a local school, and waved at them. There were many more joggers and casual cyclists on the bike path that parallels Lakeshore Drive, but they were going much less than 10 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment