Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ride to North Shore Beach




I decided to take advantage of the warm weather today before it turns cold and rainy on Monday. My route this afternoon took me from my rental condo north across the drawbridge and into Spring Lake and Ferrysburg. The first photo above shows the bike path next to Spring Lake at Ferry Park (just across the bridge). From there I took North Shore Rd. west past Coast Guard Park to North Shore Beach. It was pretty windy at the beach, but I did take a video that I will post later this week. From the beach, I took North Shore Rd. south past million dollar beach houses to the North Pier parking area. From there, I took more photos and another video. Gayle called me on the cell phone while I was there, however it was so windy, I had to duck behind a large rock in order to reduce the wind noise. I rode back the same way, totalling 13 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment