Sunday, October 3, 2010

Trip to Mackinac Island


Gayle and I decided to attend a mini-class reunion of her Parchment (MI) High School class on Mackinac Island this past weekend. We stayed in the Grand Hotel for 2 nights, and of course, I brought my bike along, as there are only 3 means of transportation on the Island: walking, horse-drawn carriages and BIKES! The photos above show the Arnold ferry arriving at St. Ignace and my bike on the back of the ferry during the 15 minute crossing. I debated whether to rent an Island bike or bring my own. The Island bikes are either single-speed, 3-speed or mountain bikes. My last experience with a rental wasn't that great, so I decided that $8 for a round trip transportation of my bike was well worth it. Stay tuned for more photos and my commentary on bikes on Mackinac Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment